7.24.2013

in which I explain why I dropped off the grid

natster copy
well. . . hi. I know I just kind of dropped off the grid a while back, and here I am again, starting on a brand new website. Yeah.
My little disappearance from the internet was not intentional at all, but some pretty unfortunate spam that (makes me lose hope in humanity) appeared on my blog feed even though I was not following the blog...and so here I am. 

But I'm not going to lie; I am actually quite refreshed from this hiatus from blogging. I got a really good chance to reevaluate why I blog and what I truly want this space to reflect. Why do I blog anyway? I can tell you it's not to show off my "great life" or complain about every little thing, though, that's what it turns into sometimes when I'm not careful. Foremost, this little blog is a platform for me to share my faith. I mean, it permeates every other area of my life--it would be ridiculous to say that Jesus doesn't influence the way I blog, either. 

Secondly, this is a place of art. And I think I strayed away from that at my old residence on the good ol' blogosphere. And, last time I checked, art doesn't revolve around the number of followers/compliments/comments you get on your work. You do it because you love it. Period. 

Here's to new beginnings. Here's to art. Here's to my Saviour. 


1 comment:

  1. Yay Natalie, you're back! It is good to get that break to rethink what you're doing aye? Just sad it had to happen in that way :( I love art, so I'm looking forward to seeing what direction you take this in!

    ReplyDelete

comments are my favourite.