7.30.2013

lists || v. i

lists
listening 
to "The One That Got Away" from the new Civil Wars album, Imagine Dragons, and Coeur de Pirate.

writing
scraps of poetry here and there on napkins and sticky notes and in my journal. Also, finding quotations in my favourite books and decorating the wall above my desk with them.

reading
Right now its a mix of all sorts of literature: I just finished reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, and I'm reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and re-reading Catching Fire in light of the upcoming premiere in November. I'm also reading John MacArthur's commentary on Revelation and What is the Gospel? by Greg Gilbert. Yeah, so I read a lot.

experimenting
with shadows and clouds and light.

creating
I made a floral crown the other day (though originally I believe I was supposed to be cleaning my room), I've watercoloured a bit in my journal, and I'm beginning to purl a scarf with grey yarn.

learning
patience, which may be the hardest thing for me to do right now.

anticipating
Catching Fire, the new season of Sherlock (whenever it decides to come out), and the beginning of my senior year. But that's more of dread. so never mind.

loving
everything fall related, like this sweater, and all things black and white.

drinking
Tazo cocoa mint tea and lots of smoothies.

10 comments:

  1. okay so i love this post but there is one question i MUST ask you... is your middle name marie??? 'cause so is mine! :)

    alright i lied. another question... how are you liking wuthering heights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! How neat-o is that?

      Ah, yes, Wuthering Heights. I am really liking it a lot, though I am despising-but-nevertheless-pitying Heathcliff a lot. And, Gothic literature is always interesting to read, so I am quite enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. this is the beginning of a beautiful thing, dearest.

    and YESSSS to all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you think of Rebecca? It's on my "might read one day list".

    Also, cocoa mint tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca was a FANTASTIC read. The beginning is good, though a little slow, but about halfway through the book just takes off. It is one of my favourite books!
      And the tea was delicious, though it did not quite make my top three teas.

      Delete
    2. Hmm. I might just have to give it a read then.

      What are your top three teas?

      Delete
    3. Yes! I definitely recommend Rebecca.
      The top three are pumpkin spice, chocolate enchantment chai (which they no longer make anymore -_-) and honey vanilla chamomile.

      Yours?

      Delete
  4. They all sound very exotic! I don't think those flavours even exist in NZ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this post. Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm behind the curve and just now finding this....

    I was reading zheez zhings (insert cheesy French accent) and was like 'yes. yes. yes. yes & yes. this, m'dear is why we are friends.'

    ReplyDelete

comments are my favourite.