11.13.2013

my eyes are popping out of my skull.

untitled
I don't quite know how to start this--well, i don't even know how what I'm going to write. I feel like, no matter how many times I re-write and backspace and start over, I'm going to sound really superficial. You know.

 So, life has been crazy and I've been crazy and what is normal because I don't think that describes this year in any way possible. 

truly, life has been, well, life. unpredictable, ever-changing, and fast. Sometimes it even feels foreign when I stop for a moment and I ask, "when did it become this way?" But, truly, it's not even something I can control. this entire year has been out of my control since January.  it started out with me saying, "WHAT IS THIS I CAN'T HANDLE THIS" with my eyes popping out of my skull and me breathing into a paper bag. but hopefully it will end with me saying "what is this I can't handle this but God can." And hopefully, I'll leave it like that, because let's be real.

I forget that God is faithful and then effectively try to fix all my problems (and consequently, everyone else's problems too). or, if I deem them truly hopeless people, I'll just completely doubt his power and sovereignty altogether. But you guys, God is wonderful.

right in the middle of these few months when I feel like my life is in a box and people are throwing it around and spilling it all over the place, God reminds me who He is and takes me back to the gospel.

so excuse the lack of capitalization in this post and read Phillipians 1 because it's all about having joy in wherever you are.

xxNatalie

1 comment:

  1. You're one of the brave ones, darling. Brilliant post.

    ReplyDelete

comments are my favourite.